Sunday, October 12, 2008

Time for my brain.

Assalamualaikum..

I spent last 48 hours with attending rumah terbuka of my parents' friends. Sangat muhibbah. I made 2 batches of moist butter cake for some mini cupcakes and that 'some' mini cupcakes turned out to be like 200 plus in quantities. With some colourful buttercream frostings on top, they made me feel like I-will-commit-a-sin-if-I-eat-this. But I ate them anyway. In fact, I ate like 2 dozens of them and I had a very smooth bowel movement this morning, if you got I mean :) The rest of the cupcakes were boxed as buah tangan for the rumah terbuka organizers. Since they were nicely ribboned, some guests even joked our gift as hantaran. Haha.. It's not that funny, folks. I'm too young to get married.

I'm only about to turn 22.
Next month.
Way too young for a lifelong commitment ;)

The rest of the hours (minus some 12 hours plus for sleeping and playing with my 5 3-weeks-old adorable kittens) were spent with my favourite old hobby : reading. Nope. I'm not going to summarize any book. I didn't do any 'heavy' book-shopping lately except for 1 cheesecake book I fell in love with while I was at the Times' Pavilion last week. I did virtual reading. I read a lot of blogs, newspaper articles, journals, more proverbs and list goes on. Consider yourself lucky when you manage to find very good reading materials in the net. I know, they're A LOT. But when you can find something that really moves and flicks every neuron inside your brain, it gets very addictive. As an avid reader, it's a pleasure when you can read something informative and fits your heart's content.

I'm not trying to say that I'm a smart person since I read and read and read. Reading will only make you smart when the correct informations from the excerpts were carefully selected, truly digested and implemented when necessary.

Sometimes I can read a novel, praise it off and forget the name of the author. Sometimes I can spent my monthly allowance for 'good, heavy' books but ended up reading them half way.
Sometimes I can feel very down and negative and even retarded when the world was not on my side though I have like a dozen of self-help or self-improvement books, not to mention those power of positive thinking/sub-conscious mind thing bla bla bla.
Most of the time I can even started off a conversation and sounded like a complete jerk ( this was base on a true story!).

See.. I am not 'that' smart.
I'm just plain and simple just like everybody else. Reading can be frustrating too, sometimes, when things that you wished to apply can't be done at the right time or when things that you expect to see were not fully delivered. But I definitely not going to blame the hobby ;) It's worth the value of the money and time spent. It's an investment for my brain's sake. Hahaha.

So today, I am truly greatful for all these globalization things that had do me good in flourishing my passion in reading, in a much more simpler and economy-friendly way. Haha. And let's not forget to be thankful too for the ability to read and think that God had given us. Pick good materials to read on. Jokes aside, you and me have to keep abreast with the world around us. We're not growing any younger ;)


No comments: