Friday, October 10, 2008

It's good, it's good, it's good!

Assalamualaikum..

I spent most of my time today doing good things, I supposed. After a little backache of sweeping the whole house in the morning(I've only started to work my butt off today, and it's not that my house is humongous, it's because the height of the broom is not really in a suitable proportion to mine), cooking lunch for dad ( sawi putih masak lemak + sambal gesek + grilled ikan cencaru marinated with black pepper sauce), sending mom's clothes for dry cleaning, went to the post office to drop some letters off, printing out my graduation pictures and successfully baked 2 loaves of succulent, delicious moist chocolate cakes ( a new recipe, I came across it last night, and yes, I'm going to gain some more weight if I keep this hobby going, haha) , I thought I could have had some rest in the evening.

But I can only proposed ;) After posting some advertisements and put a little effort on creating my label's logo ( not good at it, at all..), I received some more orders for weddings in November. Alhamdulillah.. So I started to choose recipes, flipping through dozens of pages of wedding cakes' designs, sketched some, write down a to-do-list and saved them all in my Google docs. The moment I was about to take my bath, my mom came home and I discussed the day off. After a few minutes, my phone rang and the door bell rang too ( I was that busy ar? hehe) They were my neighbours, invited us over for open house for the weekend. Good. Prospects. More business proposals ;)

My parents left afterward for 'jalan raya'. I was watching Oprah and decided, yes, I will take my bath as soon as the show is over.. You know it's not true. My phone rang again and it was my mom calling to inform another close family's friends are on their way to my house. I know that I have to postpone my bath (again!), soak some meehoon, skinned some garlics, sliced a few stalks of sawi and boil the water. Fill up the kuih raye and hide up my big jar of Cadbury's. Haha. But the kids found them afterward, of course, they are good at it (hide & seek, remember?). Nevermind loh...hikhik..

The family left at around 11.30pm. Ok. I really SHOULD take my bath NOW. But something distract my good intention off. I checked my mails and came across my friend's flickr's page. He was soooo GOOOD with almost all of the pictures taken and I am impressed! I really do. The pictures were stunningly beautiful and I couldn't help myself from viewing them with opened jaw! :) (Mind you, he has about 500+ pictures). His parents must have been proud of him. You can view his wonderful pictures at www.flickr.com/photos/musanorazmi (Hope you don't mind, Musa). I guaranteed that you'll soon be in awe too.

Ok. It's time to take my bath. Hee.. I know, it's late. It's already 2.32 am. My dad would have scolded me if he is still awake. Moral of the story, don't procrastinate my friend. You can never expect what's coming up next. Lucky for me it was only a matter of taking a bath :P

No comments: